Jose Basulto is my first photo subject for my project #YouWowMe – portraits of inspirational people.
Jose is one of those people who at age 49 has already done much in his life that is inspirational:
- Has been a competitive cyclist since the mid-1980’s
- Two-time Texas State Match Sprint Champion
- Broze Medalist at 1993 Masters National Championships in Match Sprints
- Masters state (Florida) team sprint Champion in 2011
- Elite state (Florida) team pursuit champion in 2012
And then you learn that he’s done all of this as a Type I diabetic who has to continually take insulin. Yes, that’s right.
When I asked Jose if he had one quote that summarized his belief system, he didn’t hesitate in responding:
“Live like it matters!”
Shown in the photo below, Jose demonstrates the remote control for his insulin which monitors his levels while he rides — wow. Way high tech.
Follow all the #YouWowMe people here:
Do you know a truly inspirational person? Who lives in Southern Florida or Maine, NH or Boston?
Please ask them to contact me or EMAIL ME their contact information. Maybe they’ll be the next #YouWowMe.